University of Wisconsin – Corn Grain Trial Results
By Jim Wold | December 19, 2022
Legacy Seeds corn helps meet the growing demands of farmers with traited, conventional and organic hybrids
2022 presented a significant amount of variables impacting the growing season. Despite the circumstances, we are excited to confirm that Legacy Seeds brand corn hybrids did very well across the state.
- SOUTHERN ZONE – EARLY GRAIN TRIAL
– LC541-22 SSX, LC551-22 SSX AND LC554-21 DGVT2P
– All of the varieties were above 100% of the trial mean and 2% dryier than the trial mean.
- SOUTH CENTRAL ZONE – EARLY GRAIN TRIAL
– All 3 products were top of the test performers in the trial. Trial locations included Fond Du Lac, Galesville and Hancock. LC451-21 SSX, LC474-20 TRECEPTA AND LC-4248 VT2P. LC474-20 AND LC-4248 are showing great consistency year on year.
- SOUTH CENTRAL ZONE – LATE GRAIN TRIAL
– LC525-21 AND LC551-22 were among the top performing hybrids in the late grain trial in Fond du Lac, Galesville and Hancock.
- NORTH CENTRIAL ZONE – EARLY GRAIN TRIAL
– LC444-22 AND LC451-21 were top performing hybrids in the early grain trial. LC451-21 continues to excel over a wide area in both trait platforms. LC444-22 is a very good conventional corn for this zone.
- NORTH CENTRAL ZONE – LATE GRAIN TRIAL
– LC461-21, LC474-20 AND LC-4248 were all top performers in the test. LC461-21 has a strong two year track record of performance.
- NORTHERN ZONE GRAIN TRIAL
– Three strong varieties in this trial were LC391-20 VT2P, LC414-21 VT2P AND LC403-22 AA. LC391-20 has performed consistently for the past two years. Last year LC391-20 was the top performer in the test, and proved to be among the top performers this year. It works especially well in the Spooner, WI area and can be used as a grain or flex acre hybrid.