University of Wisconsin – Corn Silage Trial Results
By Jim Wold | December 19, 2022
Customized forage solutions for your farm
Legacy Seeds brand Ration Choice® corn hybrids performed strongly in the UW-Madison corn grain & silage trials. Ration Choice corn hybrids are high-quality corn silage hybrids designed for optimal herd health and profitability.
- SOUTHERN ZONE – LATE MATURITY SILAGE TRIAL
– LC623-21 D is consistently cranking out the yields and milk per acre.
- SOUTH CENTRAL ZONE – EARLY MATURITY SILAGE TRIALS
– LC525-21 PWE was and is the star of the trial in terms of tonnage and milk per acre, landing at the top of the test.
- SOUTH CENTRAL ZONE – LATE MATURITY SILAGE TRIALS
– LC623-21 D continues to yield in tonnage and milk per acre.
– LC594-21 VT2P also brings the yield and milk per acre and above the mean milk per ton for the trial.
- NORTH CENTRIAL ZONE – EARLY MATURITY SILAGE TRIAL
– LC-4248 led the charge in terms of tonnage and milk per acre. LC493-21 also brings more milk per ton.
- NORTHERN ZONE SILAGE TRIAL
– Our two entries LC391-20 VT2P AND LC403-22 AA in this trial have both performed strongly. For the last two years in that maturity zone, LC391-20 has brought really good tonnage and also top milk per ton and milk per acre. LC403-22, was strong in the grain trials and a top performer with strong tonnage and milk per acre in this trial.
The Legacy Seeds Ration Choice® corn silage system is designed with dairy producers in mind to enable them their unique solution for their farm. For more information on the trial results, check out the University of Wisconsin corn trial site and our performance page.