Your Herd’s Number One Choice: Ration Choice®
By Legacy Seeds | July 5, 2022
At Legacy Seeds we believe in offering choices to corn silage producers to meet the needs of their dairy or livestock operation. To celebrate Dairy Month, we wanted to highlight your herd’s first choice, Ration Choice®, an industry leading silage with increased starch digestibility and high-quality fiber characteristics, making it the top choice for dairy producers. Our high-quality corn silage hybrids have been created to precisely meet the needs of dairy and livestock operation, and are a true testament of our dedication to bringing the highest-quality products to farmers.
Ration Choice hybrids are specifically chosen for silage yield along with characteristics that you value such as yield, starch, fiber and sugary digestibility. With our range of silage varieties, you can match precise products to your operation’s specific needs and expectations, enabling you to maximize your herd’s potential.
Legacy Seeds Ration Choice Corn silage system:
- Designed with the dairy producer in mind
- The Ration Choice corn silage system helps growers obtain better and more consistent corn silage which equates to More Milk Per Ton and More Milk Per Acre
- Ration Choice has animal performance and acre flexibility in mindLegacy HD® Leafy Ration Choice Corn Silage Hybrids:
- More digestible tonnage per acre than DP or BMR hybrids
- Bred specifically for corn silage or high moisture corn
- High NDFD Digestibility % – 60% or greater
- Lower starch content – energy density from fiber digestibility (CWD)
- Improved starch digestion due to use of more floury starch and softer kernels
- Legacy HD® Leafy Ration Choice® corn silage varieties are best utilized in dairy rations where corn silage makes up greater than 60% of the forage diet or where RFQ levels of alfalfa are greater than 160
To learn more about the full potential of Ration Choice® and how it can meet your needs click here.